Saturday, September 4, 2010

Shells and Tomato Juice

This is another recipe of my moms.  I don't remember her making shells and tomato juice very much when I was growing up, but the kids and I make this often.  Thomas doesn't care for it, so we usually make it for lunch, when he's not here.

Ingredients Needed:
1-12 ounce box shell pasta
(we like Hodgsen Mills Whole Wheat Whole Grain Medium Pasta...they're more like a small in other brands)
1-46 ounce can of tomato juice
2 Tbsp butter
about 1/4 -1/2 milk (I don't measure this, I just pour some in till it looks creamy)
pepper to taste

Directions:
Cook pasta according to package directions, but use the least amount of time.  Drain.  Return to pot and add the rest of the ingredients.  Stir and cook till butter is melted.

If you like tomato soup, you will like this.  Sometimes we eat this all by itself.  Sometimes we make green beans to go with it.  Other times we make grilled cheese sandwiches.  I like to have shells and tomato juice with black eyed peas.  This is a very versatile and budget friendly dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment