Saturday, February 19, 2022

Black-eyed Peas in the Crockpot


Black-eyed Peas in the Crockpot 

3 cups dried black-eyed peas 
10 to 12 cups water
1and 1/2 TBL mineral salt 

Cook in crockpot on high about 4 to 6 hours, or low (usually overnight), until desired tenderness. I do cook them on high overnight, too.

It took some trial and error to figure out the correct ratio of salt to peas, but I finally got it. I knew there had to be a way to make Crockpot Black-eyed peas taste great, with just salt and water like the canned ones. And I was right!


Black-eyed peas are one of my very favorite foods! You can see in the picture above, one way I like to eat them: with cornbread (pretty Southern USA). The top picture is cornbread from a family size pan and the picture just above is a single serve microwave cornbread (both made with Masa Flour).
 I also like to pair them with Wild Rice.


This is a bag each frozen caulirice, peas, green beans, corn, and yellow squash cooked in a skillet together until thoroughly cooked. Scooped a portion onto the plate and topped with black-eyed peas. 

Black-eyed peas with shells and tomato juice is another great combination. 

Macaroni & cheese with black-eyed peas and green beans cooked with butter is classic comfort food to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment