Thursday, October 24, 2013

Crockpot Chicken Tacos

This has to be my favorite crock-pot meal right now! These are pics of the gorgeous chicken tacos my hubby put together.
Crock-pot Chicken Tacos
Ingredients:
5 to 8 frozen chicken breasts
1/2 cup water

Directions:
Add all ingredients to crock-pot, or slow cooker. 
(You can use whatever taco seasoning you like, but the link sends you to my homemade recipe... I go with less cumin for this recipe, because cumin is really spicy).
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or high for 3 to 4 hours.
When cooked, shred meat with a large fork (see my cool plastic-y one that my sister-in-law got me in a package for Christmas last year?).


This is a great, fast, meal.  All the rest of the ingredients are dry or refrigerated:
cheese, tomatoes (and/or salsa), lettuce, taco shells (or chips, for taco salad), or soft taco shells, and maybe some guacamole.
My hubby like his taco shells warmed in the oven, but that only takes 10 mins.  While they are warming, I can get out all the rest of the taco pieces, and shred the meat.



2 comments:

  1. Extra easy for using frozen chicken breasts. That's the state most of my meat comes in. Thanks for sharing. We'll try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, glad you like the idea! I am terrible at rememberi to thaw meat out before I'm supposed to cook it, so this kind of meal is not only easy, but "my style". :)

      Delete