Saturday, October 9, 2010

Misty Cupcake: The Cupcake Challenge

I'm participating in Amy Bayliss's Homemaking Challenge.  Her first challenge is to create a unique cupcake that tells us about who you are.  I've been brainstorming all week!  My first idea, with a little help from my daughter was a Surprise M&M cupcake (M&M was my self-given nickname in 6th grade).  Then I thought of a Peanut Butter and Banana Surprise cupcake (you know, for Elvisgirl, like Elvis and his Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwiches...which are pretty yummy!).  Then I thought about making something that I already had all the ingredients for and included a couple of things I really love:  Chocolate and Strawberry Cupcakes.  Well, the more I was thinking, the more I thought that none of those was really me.  I do enjoy cooking and creating the occasional new recipe, but words are really my ingredients.

                                                        Misty Cupcake
                                                          by Misty aka Elvisgirl

M is for Mother.  I've always wanted to be a mother, as long as I can remember. 
                             I am so thankful for my two children. 
                            As much as I knew about being a mother, I really knew so little. 
                            My children and my God teach me every day.
I is for Ice Cream.  I love ice cream.
                               I love to eat ice cream.
                               I love to make ice cream.
                               I love to share ice cream.
S is for Sister.  I am the oldest child in my family. 
                        I have a younger brother and a younger sister.
                        I am a sister in Christ to many people!
                        I call my daughter Sister
                            (like Sister Bear from the Berenstain Bears),
                                     she is my sister in Christ.
T is for Teacher.  My teachers always told me what a good teacher I would be.
                           I couldn't imagine teaching a bunch of other peoples children.
                           I LOVE teaching my own children. 
                           I am a mom, a homeschool mom, a home educator.
                           I am also a Sunday School teacher.

Y is for Young.  Ha, ha!  I'm starting to feel my age...33 and nine days.
                         I've had three gray hairs now!
                         I still like to have fun.
                         My kids think I am cool.
                         I hope I always stay young at heart.

C is for Christ follower.  I've been a Christian since I was seven years old.
                                      I was blessed to be raised in a Christian home.
                                      Having evolution taught exclusively
                                                  in Biology class was really challenging.
                                      For years, I tried to make evolution mesh with the Bible,
                                                  but that doesn't work.
                                      I am freer in Christ now than ever,
                                                  by truth in Bible and the evidence of science.
U is for Up Late.  I've always been a night owl.
                             My Daddy worked the night shift most of my life.
                             I enjoy the nighttime ( I like the daytime, too, though). 
                             I'm up late writing this.
P is for Patient.  The ladies at work are always saying how patient I am
                                              with difficult people.
                           I've really had to pray a lot for patience.
                           People are funny and think that just because I homeschool,
                                             I was born with patience.
                           I thank the God for the Holy Spirit
                                             who works in me to produce the fruit of patience.
                           Galatians 5:22 "The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace,
                                             patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
                              gentleness, and self control, against such things there is no law."
C is for Chalk.  I ate chalk last year in the Nutrition Class
                                            that I taught at our homeschool co-op.
                         The purpose was to encourage the kids
                                         to really examine things and not just believe things
                                         were good food because advertisements said so,
                                         or because people ate them.
                          The funny thing was,
                                         a bunch of the class wanted to try eating chalk.
                          Chalk doesn't taste bad; it is calcium carbonate.
A is for American.  I am proud to be an American.
                               I am a patriot.
                               I enjoy studying American History
                                           and acting it out as a Civil War reinactor.
                               I got married on the 4th of July.
K is for Karaoke.  My kitchen is 50's Diner Style.
                              My karaoke machine looks like a Juke Box.
                              The only thing that would be more me
                                             in doing the "cupcake" this way is if I sang it.
                              I love to sing in the kitchen!
E is for Elvisgirl.  I got special permission from my teacher in my
                                            American History 101 class,
                                            to do my term paper (for high school/college credit)
                                            on Elvis Presley.
                            I had to prove that I wasn't just doing a biography,
                                            but American Historical significance.
                            That earned me the nickname Elvis,
                                            which I changed to Elvisgirl in college.
                          


I think that after that, whoever reads this, knows me a little better.  I am a crazy woman and am participating in two challenges at once.  I was helping my hubby stain our new deck tonight and didn't get around to blogging when I hoped.  I didn't want to be a non-participant in Amy's first challenge; so here lies my "cupcake" and I'm linking up!  I don't appear to have missed the deadline.  Best wishes to all.  I look forward to visiting every ones cupcake entries and getting to know you all, too!




P.S.-I had to add that I know this not very homemaker-y, but I promise to do better next time! 

3 comments:

  1. You ate chalk?! Ashamed to admit that this was the key thing that stood out to me from your entire post ... lol Just the thought of eating chalk makes my teeth feel funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. C is for Clever! I think this is a great way to share, who you are, Misty. I am so happy to know you better! Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, girlie! You always write good reads.

    We have a lot in common too. I am the oldest with one brother and one sister. I'm also an American mother who teaches her children and stays up late at night. I have also eaten chalk but I was like 5 at the time. ;)

    I never knew why you were called ElvisGirl. Great post!

    ReplyDelete