Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cinnamon Apple Pork Tenderloin in the Crockpot

I got this recipe from About.com, but I don't make it in the oven, I make it in the crockpot.

Ingredients:
1 to 1 and 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin... or really any cut of pork you like (chops would work, too)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced (actually, I wind up kind of chopping them)
2 tablespoons dried cranberries (or raisins, but I have always used cranberries, hubby doesn't like raisins)

Directions:
I usually use a frozen pork loin.  I put that in my crockpot first.
In a separate bowl, mix the other ingredients.
Pour over the pork loin in the crockpot.
Then cook on low for about 6 hours, or high for about 4 hours. 
Cook time will depend on the size of meat and if it is completely frozen or partially thawed.
Just make sure the meat is thoroughly cooked before you serve it.  ;)  You can always check it with a meat thermometer.

No comments:

Post a Comment