Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cinnamon Toast

Can you tell I've been wanting to blog and not getting to?  The dates on these photos give me away.

This is a recipe of my Dad's; I would say it is one of his specialties.  Dad didn't cook a lot, but I remember him making it for my brother and I for breakfast on the weekends.  It smells so good, and tastes even better.

Ingredients:
Sugar
Cinnamon
Milk
Bread

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Start with 1/2 cup sugar. 
Put in a little cinnamon and stir to make it look brown. 
Add a little milk in and stir, you want it to look thick, but thin enough to spread on bread.
If it doesn't look right, add more sugar, or cinnamon, or both.
Spread pretty thick on the bread on a baking sheet.
Toast in the oven for 8 to 15 minutes.
Check often.
Cinnmon and suar with bubble on the toast.
Check under toast to see if it is brown, if so, toast is done.

FYI:  1/2 cup sugar won't cover much bread.  :)

This is very much like those old recipes from grandma, or great-grandma, where you don't get the exact measurements, but it is a family recipe and worth experimenting with.  My first try turned out pretty good.  One of these (or two, or three) and a glass of milk, and I'm a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment