Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spinach Quesadillas

The first time I had spinach quesadillas was at a Garfield's restaurant when I was visiting my now husband at college.  I was a vegetarian for four years, three of them in college.  We passed by the restaurant at the mall and they were advertising spinach quesadillas.  I really wanted to try them, so we did.  Then I decided I could recreate them... and I did.

So, here's my original recipe:
Spinach Quesadillas
1 package chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 -2 cup bag of mozzerella cheese
1 package flour tortialla shells, or soft taco shells

Now:  I chop up a bunch of fresh spinach and add mozzerella till the mixture looks "right".

Also will want:  salsa and sour cream for dipping

 Mix spinach and cheese in bowl.
 Spread spinach and cheese mixture on tortilla shell.
 Top with another toritiall shell.  Cook in quesadilla maker... if you have one, or fry in skillet on both sides.
Cut with a pizza cutter or kitchen scissors and serve with salsa and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment