Monday, March 30, 2009

Homeschooling on a Budget

Do you like to save money?
Has the economy got you down?
Are you homeschooling on a budget?
Would you like to get curriculum for FREE?
Have you been wanting to try unit studies or lapbooking,
but don't know where to start?
Would you like to home school with practically no money
and still choose your own curriculum?


If you answered "yes" to more than one of these questions, then
Homeschooling on a Shoestring and Lapbooking
is the class for you!

That was the ad for my workshop at the local Mini-Conference. I shared the ad in a post back in January. I also said I would probably share my handout for the class in a later post. Well, later has arrived! The original handout was designed to be notes for the workshop, so that the attendees would not be scrambling to write things down as I shared. I have worked over the formerly five or six page handout to make it more informative for someone who was not there; now the handout is nine pages.
I start with a little bit about myself. Topics include: how to homeschool with a shoestring, Charlotte Mason, free curriculum, unit studies, lapbooking, using the library, and more. You can view and download the handout by clicking HERE.
For my own motivation, I will add that I'm thinking of taking pieces of the handout and using them as individual posts and adding pictures. Some topics could really benefit from visual aids. I had a giant laundry basket full of visual aids for my workshop. Also, I want to say "Thank you!" to my friend Lori for helping me get the handout in downloadable form!
****Someone just let me know that the PDF link is not working. I believe I fixed it just now, but you comment or e-mail me, I will be happy to attach the handout and send it to you via e-mail. Thanks for your patience and understanding.**** 2/2/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment