Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Baby Steps Part 2

I have to confess with being sick and being busy, I seem to be right back where I started in the way of working out. I'm getting right back on the wagon though (finally). Yesterday I started my morning with yoga. Yesterday evening I RAN on the treadmill for the first time...not just running mind you, I alternated running and walking. Today I started the morning with yoga again. This evening I did the Ab-doer. My waist was getting smaller...now I'm maybe half an inch from back where I started.

Others might describe me as a health nut. I kind of am. But I'm really, really bad at excercising consistently. I've also been not so good at eating well lately. Not really bad eating, just not as good as I should be.

I have a battle with my body. If I'm not careful I could wind out with a major skin breakout like I've had three time in the past oh, three years, I think. We are talking all over the body, head to toe, eczema...which is just a fancy word for super dry skin that doctors don't really have a reason or cure for. Well, I have a couple reasons: stress and not taking care of myself. If I don't get a nice moisturing bath on a regular basis, use good lotions (I use Miracle II moisturizer and Forever Living Aloe and Bee Propolis Lotion, watch what I eat (not junk food, minimally processed, lots of fruit and veggies, and good oils!)...well, then there's trouble. I get mini breakouts from bad behavior, too. I start my mornings now with a mixture of Bolthouse Farms Carrot Juice, C-Boost, liquid vitamins, and Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar. I can tell when I've gone without it for a day now!

Anyway, now that I've sort of fallen off the wagon all over the place (though I haven't missed my morning "cocktail" for more than a day in months), I'm ready to start fresh. I've been reading about Green Smoothies on a few different websites. I finally got the nerve to experiment with them last month. I'm now on my third batch. I made a pitcher with the blender tonight and I want to start making that my main sustenece for awhile. We'll see how that goes.

The other reason I'm doing this, besides health and feeling good, is that this July 4 will be our 10th Wedding Anniversary and we're renewing our vows! We even got the preacher who married us to agree to marry us all over again. My sister will take pictures and in her words, "give me the attention that she didn't give me 10 years ago" (sorry, Sis, if I didn't quote that exactly right). She was just a teenager when I got married. I want to wear my wedding dress again.

My darling husband has been shedding pounds in the Fat Boy Challenge at work. Actually he was the first place winner this year! I'm so proud of him! I want him to be proud of me, and me to be proud of me.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, the quote was right...I was jealous and BARELY a teenager. All I wanted was a least a date for your wedding (and specifically, he had just moved away) and you were getting MARRIED. I'm going to watch Ever After again soon, so I can see if I can do your hair. If I can't do it like that, I will come up with something fabulous, as long as your hair cooperates. LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete