Thursday, June 9, 2011

Purple Cows



No, not real purple cows, but Purple Cow drinks.  This is a recipe my Mom has made for me for as long as I can remember.  The flavor brings back lovely memories of childhood.  They are yummy all year round, but especially in the hot summer!

The picture is of my new Ninja Pro Blender (from Sam's Club) making the Purple Cow.  The Ninja is the best blender I have ever had.  We love making smoothies and such and the Ninja does a great job. The Ninja was my Valentine's Day present.  Sadly, I used the Ninja to chop up some cloves for a cleanse we're about to do... and it tore up the plastic pitcher.  I can only make single smoothies in the chopper containers that come with the Ninja until I order a replacement pitcher.  I'm glad I haven't gotten rid of my Oster blender, because that blender with the glass pitcher is what I'll do clove chopping in from now on!

Okay, on with the recipe.

PURPLE COWS

Ingredients/Directions:
1 can frozen 100% grape juice concentrate
Empty frozen grape juice container filled with milk
1 tray of ice cubes, or about enough ice to fill to the top of your blender AFTER dumping in the grape juice concentrate and milk.

Pour all ingredients into your blender and blend and crush ice... depending on your settings and type of blender this may vary.
With the Ninja, you just tap the top till the ice is the consistency you like, but with a regular blender, you may want to use the "ice crush" setting.

Serve immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment