Saturday, September 4, 2010

Funnel Cakes


This is my recipe for Funnel Cakes from Middle School.  The recipe doesn't say how many it makes, but I'll tell you, it makes A LOT.  I think I got ten or twelve out of the batch I made the other night.  I made less than half, then save the batter and made the rest today.

Ingredients needed:
1 and 1/3 cups of flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder

1 egg
2/3 cup milk (or more if batter is too thick...I definitely needed more)

Directions:
Sift dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.

Mix egg and milk together and add to the dry ingredients. Beat until smooth.  Hold a finger over the bottom of a funnel, pour in some batter, remove finger and let batter drop in a spiral motion into 1 inch of hot fat (or oil).  Fry until golden brown, turning once.  Remove from pan and drain on a paper towel. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve HOT.

They would also be good with cinnamon and sugar...wish I would have thought of that earlier today.  Ellie wanted to put butter and syrup on them.  I told her she could.  Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment