Saturday, September 4, 2010

Tuna Patties

This is my mom's recipe, but I'm becoming known for it.  Tuna patties are on the top ten of my comfort foods.  Mom's been making them for as long as I can remember.  The especially cool think about making tuna patties, as opposed to salmon patties, is that you don't have to worry as much about the bones.

Ingredients Needed:

1-5 ounce can of chunk like tuna (or whatever kind you like, with or without oil)
1/2 bag of saltine crackers
1 egg

*I usually double this, but the picture above is single batch as in the recipe.

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.  Use your hands to form into patties and fry on each side like hamburgers in a skillet.  You may need to add a little oil to the skillet, especially if your can of tuna does not have oil in it.  A non-stick skillet will help.  I use cast iron and I'm finally getting used the different skillet...I don't burn the tuna patties most of the time now.  :)  The above picture is not with the cast iron skillet, because it was still full of oil from making funnel cakes.

Tuna patties usually accompany a box of Annie's All Natural Shells and Cheese and a pan of green beans with a little butter.  Sometimes the kids and I make them with Shells and Tomato Juice.

This is a cheap meal and also pretty healthy.  Tuna is a great way to get some omega 3s.  Wyatt and I like to eat these cold, too.  I like make sandwiches out of them sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment