Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Light Bulb Moment

Okay, I'm a bad girl...staying up past my bedtime.  I'm going to be a tired girl tomorrow.  But I'm downloading an audio book, chapter by chapter.  While I'm doing that, I'm cleaning up my e-mail.

I opened a new homeschool e-mail that I started getting and it had the verse that I taught my Sunday School class this last Sunday, which is Deuteronomy 6:5 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength."  And low and behold, had I not connected that the verse directly following that is the verse I helped pick as our verse for the homeschool support group that my friend, Colleen, and I founded:  Deuteronomy 6:6-7 "These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons (and daughters) and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."


I know I've read both sets of verses by themselves many times.  I'm sure I've read them together a couple of times.  But seeing them today, in that e-mail newsletter, hit me like a ton of bricks.  That is the number one, most important thing to be teaching my children:  to love the Lord with all their heart, soul and strength.  Which is a pretty tall order when you find out what loving really is.  I shared with the ladies in my Bible Study a while back about how some people call the Bible the Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.  Well, how much more basic can we get, God tells us exactly what we need to be teaching our children day in and day out.  If we fulfill that order, I think we'll be doing pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! It should be everyone's vision statement for their homeschool.

    ReplyDelete